Monday, January 22, 2007

Cyprus property management - is your pool being cleaned?

Property Management

I received a call the other day from one of my staff in Cyprus who informed me that an investor's pool was in a terrible state and had clearly not been cleaned for some time. As many readers will know, not cleaning a pool has serious consequences for the mechanism and can lead to a significant financial outlay for repairs. Additionally, when you are paying a fee to a company or individual for a service, then you rightly expect a job to be done properly. Not in this case and the owner is fortunate that my staff member was walking past and we were able to inform him of the problem.As Warren Buffett says, "price is what you pay, value is what you get." This type of incident is not confined to Cyprus and happens the world over as some pool maintenance companies increase profits by not cleaning pools between visits........but you ultimately pay the price......twice! Once in the form of the monthly fee and then for the subsequent repairs when it all goes wrong. This is exactly why InvestinCyprus.com set up its own property management company.It is very important that when you buy property overseas, you investigate the post-sale support in terms of property management and lettings.I take property management very seriously, as do my staff, and commit to provide the best possible service to our clients. I also use my property management company to service my own private properties which was also a driver to set-up the company in the first place, as I did not have faith in some of the local property management set-ups.If you have property in Cyprus or any other country you need to keep a close eye on pool maintenance over the winter season or you may be faced with a hefty repairs bill in the Spring.